Awareness of items being recalled is important for the safety of children. People cannot rely on the media for every recall. It is important to be aware of potential dangers to children.
To subscribe to Keep Your Kids Safe newsletter, go to https://public.Govdelivery.com/accounts/WIDATCP/subscriber/new?topic.
According to http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/09/infant-motrin-recall, on September 9, 2013 200 Infant Motrin were recalled because they possibly contained plastic particles from a third-party supplier.
In September there were seven recalled items alone. These products listed below were recalled due to danger to children.
· - The Land of Nod recalled bed-frames due to entrapment hazard
- - The Children’s Place recalled footed pajamas due to violation of Federal flammability standard
· - Hachette Book Group recalled children’s books due to choking and laceration hazard
· - Be Amazing! Toys recalled Monster Science Growing Spiders due to serious ingestion hazard
· - Eco-Novelty recalled Jumbo Size and Jumbo Multipurpose Cosmo beads due to serious ingestion hazard
· - Toys R Us recalled Journey Girl Travel Trunks due to laceration hazard
Anna Nguyen, editor of Healthy Kids blog, claims there have been six reports of incidents involving the metal handle on the journey girl travel trunk. One incident involved a child needing stitches.
For any questions or concerns regarding a children’s item that has been bought, contact:
Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection Bureau of Consumer Protection
2811 Agriculture Drive
Madison, WI 53708
(800)422-7128 (toll free in Wisconsin)